Careers at Building Resources Inc.
Building Resources is a family owned and operated general contracting company, looking for a full-time bookkeeper at our office in Renton, Washington. We provide construction, renovation, restoration and remediation services to residential and commercial clients in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
The bookkeeper position is responsible for day-to-day accounting, weekly management reports, and to assist in month- and year-end close processes and periodic financial reports.
– Work directly with owner and project managers in Idaho and Washington
– Work directly with external tax/audit firm, and other outside accounting professionals
– Perform basic accounting functions, such as data entry for accounts receivable and payable
– Perform advanced accounting functions, such as reconciliations, accruals and financial statements
– Process multi-state payroll in-house
– Process local, state and federal (employer) tax filings
– Maintain system of controls over accounting transactions
Requirements & preferences for this position include:
– 5+ years experience in public or private accounting roles
– Understanding of accrual accounting required
– Ability to meet constant stream of deadlines
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
– Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor
– Experience in construction with job costing preferred but not required
– Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (sumifs, v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.) preferred but not required
– QuickBooks desktop version 2014 or newer and Intuit payroll required
We offer a competitive benefits package including holiday pay.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.